Stanislaus County PAL cordially invites everyone to enjoy some fun in the sun this summer at The Regional Water Safety Training Center located in Empire, CA.
The Regional Water Safety Training Center is the newest facility in Stanislaus County, build in 2009. This facility can accommodate approximately 125 patrons and offers the following amenities:
- 3ft-8ft swimming pool with guard rails located at the shallow end for easy access.
- Separate youth water play structure.
- Outdoor Showers.
- Drinking Water Fountains.
- Snack Bar (Sale of Pre-packaged snacks, drinks, ice cream and swim diapers)
- Covered Picnic Area equipped with tables and benches. (non-reservable)
- Public dual restrooms complete with changing areas.
- Grass/Lawn area.
- ADA Compliant Facility.
Some Rules to consider when visiting our pool:
- NO COLORED SHIRTS ALLOWED! Only white shirts are permitted.
- Swim Diapers must be worn by all youth that are NOT potty-trained.
- No jean cut-offs or cut-off shorts allowed.
- STRICTLY SWIMWEAR ONLY.
All lifeguards employed by the Stanislaus County Police Activities League are currently certified in the following:
- First Aid Certified, by the American Red Cross and the American Heart Association.
- CPR & AED Certification for the professional rescuer, by the American Red Cross and the American Heart Association.
- Title 22 of the California Code of Regulations.
- Blood Borne Pathogens Certified by the American Red Cross.
- Tuberculosis Clearance.
- Other clearance: Fingerprint/Background Check by the Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Department.
Programs & Activities
There are two sessions daily for Open Recreational Swimming. All members & guests utilizing the Recreation Pool shall receive a wristband for Session I. If a member or guest chooses to attend Session II, a new wristband must be purchased at the Front Desk/Snack Bar to obtain entry for swimming during Session II. Guests must be a new single session fee. See below for dates and hours of operation.
Hours of Operation
May 27th-August 31st, 2014
Session 1- 12:30 – 2:45 P.M.
Session 2- 3:00 – 5:30 P.M.
Saturday & Sunday
Session 1- 12:30 – 3:00 P.M.
Session 2- 3:15 – 5:45 P.M.
August 2nd- August 31st (Weekends Only). Same sessions as above will be observed!
Weekdays – $1.50 per swimmer/ $1.00 for non-swimmers
Weekends – $2.00 per swimmer/ $1.00 for non-swimmers
Stanislaus County Police Activities League is happy to offer youth swim lessons. Our goal is to teach basic personal water safety information and skills to help each individual feel comfortable in the water. We offer levels 1-4 so students will have an opportunity to progress through our Learn to Swim Program and build knowledge and water skill. For children ages 2-4 years we offer a Preschool program as well. See below for additional information.
Learn to Swim Lessons
Swimming lessons will be offered Monday- Thursday.
Cost is $35.00 per child for 8 lessons.
Signups begin May 17th 2014 from 1:00-3:00pm at the Empire Pool!
Session 1: June 9th-19th
Session 2: June 30th- July 10th
Session 3: July 21st-July 31st
To register please download the following page, once complete please bring to the pool at least one week prior to your desire class or you can mail it with the appropriate fee.
|Skill Level||Time||Objective||Skills Taught|
|Preschool (2-5yrs)||6pm||Develop confidence in the water while learning fundamental skills. Introduction to basic breathing skills.||Blowing bubbles, Floating, Kicking.|
|Level 1||6pm||Develop front and back floating, kicking and breathing skills.||Blow Bubbles, Assisted Floats, Assisted Kicking, Feet First Jump, Safety.|
|Level 2||7pm||Introduction to rotary breathing, freestyle and backstroke, and diving.||Kick with Board, Freestyle Intro, Streamline Swim, Safety.|
|Level 3||7pm||Develop freestyle and backstroke technique. Focus is on mastering rotary breathing and building endurance.||Freestyle, Backstroke Intro, Side Stoke, Safety.|
|Level 4/5||11am||Develop knowledge and form for all four strokes: Freestyle, Backstroke, Breaststroke and Butterfly. Introduction to flip turns and racing dives.||Freestyle 2 Laps, Backstroke 2 Laps, Breaststroke Kick, Butterfly Kick,|
Please contact the Stanislaus County PAL main office if there are any questions regarding any general information.
Stanislaus County PAL
Police Activities League
1325 Beverly Drive
FAX: (209) 529-8794
Regional Water Safety Training Center
10 I street (Corner of I and Yosemite Blvd.)
Empire, CA 95316
TEL: (209) 529-9121