Stanislaus County PAL cordially invites everyone to enjoy some fun in the sun this summer at The Regional Water Safety Training Center located in Empire, CA.
The Regional Water Safety Training Center is the newest facility in Stanislaus County, build in 2009. This facility can accommodate approximately 125 patrons and offers the following amenities:
- 3ft-8ft swimming pool with guard rails located at the shallow end for easy access.
- Separate youth water play structure.
- Outdoor Showers.
- Drinking Water Fountains.
- Snack Bar (Sale of Pre-packaged snacks, drinks, ice cream and swim diapers)
- Covered Picnic Area equipped with tables and benches. (non-reservable)
- Public dual restrooms complete with changing areas.
- Grass/Lawn area.
- ADA Compliant Facility.
Some Rules to consider when visiting our pool:
- NO COLORED SHIRTS ALLOWED! Only white or light grey shirts are permitted.
- Swim Diapers must be worn by all youth that are NOT potty-trained.
- No jean cut-offs or cut-off shorts allowed.
- STRICTLY SWIMWEAR ONLY.
- NO FLOATIES OR TOYS ARE ALLOWED!
- NO REFUNDS ARE AVAILABLE.
All lifeguards employed by the Stanislaus County Police Activities League are currently certified in the following:
- First Aid Certified, by the American Red Cross and the American Heart Association.
- CPR & AED Certification for the professional rescuer, by the American Red Cross and the American Heart Association.
- Title 22 of the California Code of Regulations.
- Blood Borne Pathogens Certified by the American Red Cross.
- Tuberculosis Clearance.
- Other clearance: Fingerprint/Background Check by the Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Department.
Programs & Activities
There are two sessions daily for Open Recreational Swimming. All members & guests utilizing the Recreation Pool shall receive a wristband for Session I. If a member or guest chooses to attend Session II, a new wristband must be purchased at the Front Desk/Snack Bar to obtain entry for swimming during Session II. Guests must be a new single session fee. See below for dates and hours of operation.
Hours of Operation
June 1-August 5, 2016 ( Tuesday-Sunday)
August 6- September 4, 2016 (Weekends Only)
Session 1- 12:30 – 2:45 P.M.
Session 2- 3:00 – 5:30 P.M.
Saturday & Sunday
Session 1- 12:30 – 3:00 P.M.
Session 2- 3:15 – 5:45 P.M.
New Admission Fees:
Weekdays – $2.00 per swimmer/ $1.00 for non-swimmers
Weekends – $2.50 per swimmer/ $1.00 for non-swimmers
Stanislaus County Police Activities League is happy to offer youth swim lessons. Our goal is to teach basic personal water safety information and skills to help each individual feel comfortable in the water. We offer levels 1-4 so students will have an opportunity to progress through our Learn to Swim Program and build knowledge and water skill. See below for additional information.
Learn to Swim Lessons- $35.00 per Session
Swimming lessons will be offered Monday- Thursday.
Cost is $35.00 per child for 8 lessons. Scholarships available ONLY to those families unable to pay regular fees. Must be able to provide income verification. You can register any day at the Empire Pool during our regular day of operations. However, we will be having two sign up dates prior to pool opening, those days are:
- Saturday May 21st, 2016 from 11:00A-2:00P at the Empire Pool.
- Saturday May 28, 2016 from 11:00A- 2:00P at the Empire Pool.
Session 1: June 13th-23rd (Mon-Thurs)
Session 2: July 5th- July 15th (Mon-Thurs)
Session 3: July 25th-August 4th (Mon-Thurs)
To register please visit the Empire Pool during hour regular hours of operation Tue- Sunday from 12:00P to 6:00P. In efforts to keep cost down per session online registration is not available at the present time.
|Skill Level||Time||Objective||Skills Taught|
|Preschool (2-5yrs)||6pm||Develop confidence in the water while learning fundamental skills. Introduction to basic breathing skills.||Blowing bubbles, Floating, Kicking.|
|Level 1||6pm||Develop front and back floating, kicking and breathing skills.||Blow Bubbles, Assisted Floats, Assisted Kicking, Feet First Jump, Safety.|
|Level 2||7pm||Introduction to rotary breathing, freestyle and backstroke, and diving.||Kick with Board, Freestyle Intro, Streamline Swim, Safety.|
|Level 3||7pm||Develop freestyle and backstroke technique. Focus is on mastering rotary breathing and building endurance.||Freestyle, Backstroke Intro, Side Stoke, Safety.|
|Level 4/5||11am||Develop knowledge and form for all four strokes: Freestyle, Backstroke, Breaststroke and Butterfly. Introduction to flip turns and racing dives.||Freestyle 2 Laps, Backstroke 2 Laps, Breaststroke Kick, Butterfly Kick,|
We offer two options to host a children birthday party.
Option 1- Exclusive Use Rental
The exclusive use rental is for anyone interested in renting the entire facility of a private party. Under this option the following process must be followed. This option also requires for event to be booked at least 6 weeks in advance with the Stanislaus County Parks & Recreation Department.
Rental requirements & Cost
- Minimum rental period is 2 hours at a cost of $60.00 per hour ($120.00)
- Rental Deposit is $250.00 (Refundable)
- Lifeguard cost for 2 hours $100.00
- Must provide liability insurance with a minimum coverage of $1 Million dollars.
- Event can only be schedule during times when pool is not in service to the public.
To start your process for Exclusive Use rental please follow this link for insurance and forms to start your process. http://www.stancounty.com/parks/events.shtm
Option 2- Open Swim Rental
The open swim rental takes place during our regular open swim times. Under this option we will set up 2 awnings for a group of 25 (including children), on a designated area inside the pool. This option will provide the following:
- 2 awnings
- 4 tables/ 25 chairs
- 5 hours of swim time for everyone in group of 25.
- Ice chest for drinks (available upon request)
- No waiting outside the pool in between sessions.
Total cost of rental $150.00
To make reservations please call Stanislaus County PAL at (209) 529-9121 x10 or visit the Empire Pool during its regular business hours. We accept cash, money orders, debit/credit cards (We do not accept personal checks or American Express).
Please note under both options parties are allowed to bring their own food for their gathering. Further, ALL pool rules fully enforced and applicable to rental times.
Please contact the Stanislaus County PAL main office if there are any questions regarding any general information.
Stanislaus County PAL
Police Activities League
1325 Beverly Drive
FAX: (209) 529-8794
Regional Water Safety Training Center
10 I street (Corner of I and Yosemite Blvd.)
Empire, CA 95316
TEL: (209) 529-9121