Position: Recreation Leader
Salary Range: $10.05/Hr.- $11.14/Hr.
Hours: Part-time position
Supervisor: Reports to Site Manager and/or Field Supervisor.
Stanislaus County Police Activities League personnel are employed on an at-will basis. Employment at-will may be terminated with or without cause and with or without notice at any time by the employee or Stanislaus County Police Activities League.
The incumbent shall work well under pressure; meet multiple and sometimes competing deadlines. The incumbent shall at all times demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.
Under the supervision of Site Manager and/or Field Supervisor, to act as park or school facility Recreation Leader for the implementation of an after school program, including meeting program objectives and participating in program activities.
Examples of Duties
Under the direction of the Site Manager and/or Field Supervisor, duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Follow Stanislaus County PAL/School District policies and procedures.
- Implement all daily activities of an after school program as assigned, including carrying out program schedule, participating in all program activities, monitoring and enforcing rules and regulations, maintaining a safe environment, completing and collecting any necessary paperwork.
- Assist Site Manager/Field Supervisor in carrying out program objectives and collecting relevant data.
- Assist in implementing school rules and procedures.
- Instructs youth in rules, models appropriate behavior, strict adherence and enforces rules.
- Exercise sound judgment in addressing behavior problems.
- Maintains appropriate customer service at all times.
- Exhibits enthusiasm for the program.
- Ensure facility and equipment is in a safe condition.
- Maintain and submit reports and records as required.
- Issue and control equipment and supplies.
- Attend meetings and training sessions as required.
- Perform custodial maintenance tasks when required.
- Travel and substitute at other program facilities when required.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of eighteen years of age at the date of hire
- Must be available to work days and evenings throughout the week and holidays as assigned.
- Must possess valid California Driver License, clean DMV, and have reliable transportation.
- Must be a high school graduate or have a GED certificate.
- Must pass Stanislaus County PAL background check.
- Must pass the No Child Left Behind (NCLB) test or have completed 48 units of higher education.
- Must provide three valid certificates:
- Tuberculosis Clearance. (This clearance must be provided at least one week from hired date)
- First Aid Card approved by Emergency Medical Services Association and
- Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
Must have previous experience working with recreation programs involving youth.
- Basic management & discipline of children from ages 6 through 17.
- Principles and techniques used in developing a variety of recreational/educational programs.
- Sports, crafts and a variety of recreation activities.
- Proper supervision techniques.
- Practices and techniques to achieve a favorable public relations and appearance that projects a positive image.
- Light custodial maintenance techniques.
- First Aid methods and procedures.
- Communicate in a clear and concise manner, both orally and in writing (to children, co-workers/peers, and adults.
- Think clearly, quickly, and accurately in emergencies.
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions.
- Write concise reports and maintain accurate records.
- Plan, organize, and lead recreation and educational activities.
- Establish and maintain cooperating relationships with those contacted during the course of work.
- Lift and carry objects and sports equipment.
Perform light custodial maintenance tasks.